Domain sales data for 2016-2018
Uniregistry Brokerage’s team of more than 30 highly trained, multilingual domain name sales professionals have been working hard on behalf of our clients, and we wanted to show you our domain name sales data for the past 3 years.
In 2016, Uniregistry Brokerage closed $33,819,931.20 in total domain name sales. To give you an idea of what it took to achieve this, our brokers placed 264,822 phone calls with prospective buyers. We sent millions of emails following up on leads and communicating about buyer questions, concerns, and negotiations. The combined efforts by our brokers resulted in 4,076 domain name sales in 2016.
In 2017, Uniregistry Brokerage closed $38,936,880.54 in total domain name sales. Our brokers communicated by telephone with domain name buyers 351,502 times. The combined efforts resulted in 5,236 individual domain name sales for 2017.
In 2018, Uniregistry Brokerage closed $50,100,177.46 in total domain name sales. Uniregistry Brokerage worked the phone hard and often. By year’s end, Uniregistry Brokers had placed 383,104 phone calls on behalf of our clients and sent 21,997,270 emails following up on leads or communicating directly with buyers. The combined efforts of the team resulted in 5,445 total domain names sold in 2018.
Uniregistry Brokerage had a combined sales growth of 32.49% from 2016-2018.
Uniregistry Brokerage sold domain names to buyers from 111 different countries in 2018. By expanding the team to include professional domain brokers speaking over 14 different languages, we achieved huge growth rates in many countries. We have also seen great success with native-language-resolving landing pages and local phone numbers based on the geographical location of the visiting customer on the "For Sale" pages. The Uni "Sales Landing" pages are performing very well to capture leads, and we are excited about several new technologies being used with them.
Domain Sales Month by Month
We wanted to share another rare snapshot with you: month by month domain name sales data for 2018 by the Uniregistry Brokerage team.
- Jan: 456 domains sold, average sale price $7,322 with a total of $3.3M
- Feb: 408 domains sold, average sale price $10,181 with a total of $4.1M
- March: 501 domains sold, average sale price $9,272 with a total of $4.6M
- April: 498 domains sold, average sale price $10,093 with a total of $5M
- May: 514 domains sold, average sale price $9,576 with a total of $4.9M
- June: 416 domains sold, average sale price $10,573 with a total of $4.3M
- July: 437 domains sold, average sale price $8,510 with a total of $3.7M
- Aug: 480 domains sold, average sale price $8,049 with a total of $3.8M
- Sept: 432 domains sold, average sale price $9,516 with a total of $4.1M
- Oct: 453 domains sold, average sale price $10,653 with a total of $4.8M
- Nov: 444 domains sold, average sale price $7,865 with a total of $3.4M
- Dec: 406 domains sold, average sale price $8,873 with a total of $3.6M
The Uniregistry Brokerage team sold an Average of 453 domain names per month in 2018.
Here are some more data points that we feel are fun and helpful.
The highest domain name sale of 2018 was a 2-word .com domain name that sold for over $1 million dollars. 8 of the top 10 domain name sales in 2018 were private and the exact sale amount/domain name cannot be shared due to NDA. 58 domain names sold for at least $100,000 or more in 2018. Of those 58, 56 were .com domains. There was also 1 .net and 1 .co.uk. Of the 58 domains that sold for more than $100K, the average length was 5.8 characters.
1,005 domain name sales were between $10,000 and $99,999 in 2018. The average length of these domain names was 8 characters. In 2017, we sold 900 domains in the same price range and the average character length was 8.3 (without the TLD). This has been a steady rise from 2016, which saw 785 domain sales in the price range and an average character length of 8.59. There are slight trends toward shorter character length and an increase in volume.
$1,000 to $9,999 USD Data
- 2016: 2,924 total domains sold. Average Character Count: 9.3
- 2017: 3,490 total domains sold. Average Character Count: 9.6
- 2018: 3,742 total domains sold. Average Character Count: 9.5
86.86% of all domain names sold by the Brokerage in 2018 were .com domain names. 2.3% were .net and 1.9% were .org.
Mean (Average) and Median Sales Data
- Mean (Average) sales price for 2016 was $7,436
- Median sales price for 2016 was $3,450
- Mean (Average) sales price for 2017 was $7,436
- Median sales price for 2017 was $3,333
- Mean (Average) sales price for 2018 was $9,200
- Median sales price for 2018 was $3,500
Structure of the Domain Names
Think only short, 1-word domain names sell? Not even close. Again, in a rare view of the data, we’re breaking down what sold by splitting up the data by “type.” The following data is based on English dictionary terms. “Other” is classified as Alphabet+Numeric, Numeric with a hyphen, Acronym+Keyword, not a dictionary word, and similar exceptions.
- 4,076 total domains
- 357 one-word domains
- 1,765 two-word domains
- 286 three-word domains
- 481 one-to-four character domains
- 1,259 other domains
- 5,236 total domains
- 408 one-word domains
- 2,374 two-word domains
- 392 three-word domains
- 523 one-to-four character domains
- 1,608 other domains
- 5,445 total domains
- 404 one-word domains
- 2,363 two-word domains
- 423 three-word domains
- 538 one-to-four character domains
- 1,799 other domains
Uniregistry Brokerage is investing heavily in technologies, infrastructure, and design in 2019 to continue helping our customers succeed with the very best domain name sales platform and service in the industry. Visit Uniregistry Brokerage today https://uniregistry.com/domain-brokerage.